Business Operations VBS006
DescriptionTo ensure success in business, you need to begin with a strong foundation ofskills and knowledge in various aspects of business operation and planning. This course covers vital topics such as finance, record keeping, financial management, business planning, mistakes to avoid, and more. This course does overlap with and , so you should choose one or the other, not both.
The aim of this course is to provide you with the building blocks for a successful career in business planning and operations. Covering topics such as business law, the money market, taxation, business plan writing and mistakes to avoid, it is a solid foundation, developed by highly qualified and experienced professionals.COUR…
Frequently asked questions
The aim of this course is to provide you with the building blocks for a successful career in business planning and operations. Covering topics such as business law, the money market, taxation, business plan writing and mistakes to avoid, it is a solid foundation, developed by highly qualified and experienced professionals.COURSE STRUCTURE
There are 6 lessons as follows:
- Business law
- types of businesses
- starting a business
- The money market
- Financial Records
- Simple Bookkeeping procedures
- cash flow
- Financial Management
- Business Planning Developing a 12 month business plan.
- Mistakes to avoid
- Reasons for business failures
- improving productivity
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school\'s tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.AIM
On successful completion of the course you should be able to do the following:
- Define the business community, the types of businesses involved and the interaction which occurs between different businesses.
- Explain the difference between goods and services based businesses.
- Define a range of commonly used business terms.
- Research and analyse business opportunities by studying activities in the business world.
- Assess the feasibility of a business opportunity and allocate resources to this business.
- Carry out the basic procedures of recording and interpreting financial records and statements including the cash book, balance sheet, profit and loss statement.
- Explain liquidity and productivity
- Calculate profit and determine assets
- Calculate the real cost of labour in a business.
- Determine pricing based on costs calculated for providing a particular service or product.
- Develop a budget for a simple business operation.
- Develop a simple 3 year business plan (real or hypothetical).
Here are just some of the things you will be doing:
- Research business publications to evaluate current trends in small business
- Prepare management reports for several businesses
- Contact lending institutions to enquire about money market investment schemes
- Prepare a profit and loss statement, a ledger statement and a balance sheet for a hypothetical business
- Speak with the taxation department about business related tax issues
- List the assets and liabilities in an existing business
- Develop a budget for a simple business operation